- Inception of Akums on 19th April 2004
- Every requisite for establishing a manufacturing set-up was done from scratch. Beginning from purchase of land, installation of machines, employment of technical & managerial workforce, arrangement of water and power treatments to obtaining licenses
- First Plant set-up for Oral Solid Dosage
In Enterprising Phase
- Establishment of dedicated plant for Liquid Dosage (Plant-II) and Sterile products (Plant-III)
- Achieved sales turnover of Rs. 194.47 crs. against targetted Rs.19 Cr.
- Developed more than 230 products which are First Time in India or First Time In World
- ISO 9001:2008 and WHO-GMP accreditations for quality production
- To cater demand manufcaturing ities increased for Plant-I, II & III
- Setting up of Regulatory Department to prepare product dossiers
- Developed 45 new Opthalmic formulations out of which 16 are First Time in India DCGI approvals
- Various Opthalmic formulations converted from Suspension to Solution for better absorption, penetration & best Patient Compliance.
- Set-up of new plants dedicated for Sex Hormones (Plant – IV) and for Cosmetic & Derma (Plant-V)
- Established dedicated line to manufacture a sensitive product in liver health. Only two sites are approved to manufacture this molecule in Drug 1st Akums in India and 2nd site in Chicago.
- Developed robust processes for planning and development starting from API procurement, process optimation to validation processes.
- Procurement of Sophisticated machines and equipments like Autocoaters, Tablet-in-Tablet machine, pin hole detector, T.O.C.A, Atomic Absorption Spectro-photometers, Particle size analyzer
- Epoxy flooring laid down on entire premises
- Establishment of Plant-VI (Maxcure) for Nutraceutical, Herbal & Ayurvedic preparations
- Introduction of LIMS and SAP for to reduce inconsistency in data and increase operational efficiency
- Established new Low RH Area, Beta QC & Microbiology Lab
- Established huge Centralized Stability Centre comprising of 5 walk-in chambers with total 7 Lac Litres capacity
- Set-up of Centralized F&D Deptt. for newer FDC’s
- DSIR registeration of R&D unit
- National award from Govt. of India for Quality products in Pharmaceutical formulations
- First Time in World product developed and commercialized with 3 releasing profiles in a Tablet
- Established Unosource Pharma Ltd., Mumbai for Exports
- Set-up two Units – Pure & Cure Healthcare and Malik Lifesciences, Haridwar
- Best Emerging Company Award and Corporate Governance Award by Business today
- Developed 23 Novel Platform Technologies to enhance product efficacy
- Production starts in Pure & Cure Healthcare and Malik Lifesciences, Haridwar
- Received remarkable 164 Product DCGI’s on 16th July 2015
- R&D unit established at Mumbai for development & registeration of products in regulated markets
- UBM India Pharma Award for Excellence in Contract Manufacturing & IDMA Quality Excellence Award
- Set-up of 2 new units at Guwahati to cater multiple dosage forms
- Ranked 12th in Pharma Sector for India’s Next Fortune 500 Companies
- During March 2017, Akums offered immediate product substitutes to Pharma Industry for 344 FDC’s which came under CDSCO review
- Awarded Indian Pharma Leader & National Best Employer Brand Award by 27th ET
- Ranked 3rd in DRUG & PHARMACEUTICALS SECTOR
- Akums Lifesciences Ltd. started as the manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients.
- Akums Healthcare Pvt. Ltd, Kotdwar gave a robust Risk mitigation plan of new therapy areas.
- AKUMS ICRA long term rated as AA and short term rated as A1+
- Akums acquired Ankur Drugs HP plant to boost production capacities of oral tablets and liquids.
- EU – GMP certified for two plants