Health & Safety
Akums adheres to the highest standards of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) performance and aims for the highest international standards in plant design, equipment selection, maintenance and operations. Periodic preventive maintenance of boilers & generators and internal & external inspections ensure the machines & equipment do not emit pollution. The fuels and lubricants used in the machines and equipment (especially generator sets) are of highest quality that confirms minimum discharge of pollutants.
A proper system of waste management is regularized with Bharat Oil &Waste Management Ltd (BOWL) for Recycling of Wastes & Bio-Degradable. Akums has proper system for disposal of factory waste and this is done through a systematized process as listed below:
(A) Establishment of STP/ETP for water recycling.
(B) Rain water harvesting pit for saving and reserve of water.
(C) 30% maintained green area in factory premises.
The abiding concern of the company extends beyond business and it remains committed to safety and welfare of the community and the environment in which it carries is operations. Constant efforts to reduce the carbon footprints have been taken up by the company. Several voluntary environmental initiatives include:
- Clean Ganga voluntarily drives
- Maintenance of 8 Km of green belt
- Afforestation drive each year
- Awareness workshops on HIV/AIDS
- Supply of free medicine to medical camps and charitable hospitals.
- Supports several development schemes, road passenger amenities, road side greenery, police booths and employee economic development amenities