Oral Health: An Intro
A smile is the best reflection of a healthy soul, but a laugh is a sign of confidence having a sound base of care and concern. Yes, we are indeed talking about oral health and hygiene. Toothpaste is used to promote oral hygiene. It is considered the most significant part of our lives which cannot be avoided nor neglected. Cosmetic Contract Manufacturing has worked hard to provide variety to its customers. Choosing and opting for the right option is a must for all age groups as it is an abrasive that helps in removing dental plaque and food from the teeth, further assisting in suppressing halitosis, and delivers active ingredients to help prevent tooth decay and gum diseases. While choosing toothpaste always look at these key points:
- All the toothpaste available in the market with an ADA seal of acceptance should have fluoride.
- Along with fluoride, there can be some other ingredients in the toothpaste that may improve oral health by reducing tooth sensitivity, tartar building up, or preventing enamel erosion, which may enhance the whitening of the teeth or improve bad breath.
- Flavouring agents that can cause tooth decay generally doesn’t come under medically accepted pastes.
- The toothpaste gets the Ada seal of acceptance once it is tested that the products meet the pre-specified requirements for safety and efficiency.
A Major Component of Toothpaste
Fluoride seems like a naturally occurring component that has been recorded to reduce the incidence of tooth decay. As per the researchers, fluorinated water led to fewer decayed, missing, or filled baby teeth in children and a major increase in children with no decay in their baby teeth, and even reduced decay rate in permanent teeth of children. With these impressive results, fluoride led to catch attention whereas some people choose non-fluoride toothpaste over fluoride pastes, let’s explore more on this. Personal Care Contract Manufacturers take proper care while manufacturing the same.
Fluoride (Medical) vs. Non-Fluoride (Non-Medical) Toothpaste
If we see how fluoride works, we need to see what causes tooth decay. Dental cavities occur when tooth tissue or the enamel is destroyed by bacteria from dental plaque, a sticky film that forms on teeth when you eat or drink anything sugary. Fluoride is found effective against tooth decay because it converts harmful acids on enamel into less harmful ones, reduces the ability of plaque organisms to produce acid, and strengthens enamel that has been damaged by acids. Too much ingestion of fluoride can be harmful and can lead to further diseases. Usage of fluoride amongst children under two years, who are allergic to the same and have medical cases where fluoride may give adverse effects, is not suggested. Generally, fluoride toothpaste is considered safe and known as medical toothpaste. There might be a possibility that people get enough fluoride from their diet and thus recommended to use fluoride-free or non-medicated paste. Generally, fluoride or medical toothpaste remains the best priority. There are some guidelines while using fluoride paste in younger children which can be used to get medical toothpaste.
Akums Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Akums Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd is a WHO -GMP certified pharmaceutical contract manufacturer that has registered themselves providing as an excellent contract manufacturer for cosmetics. They provide excellent quality skin care products with their best infrastructural capacities, skilled staff, and the latest technological-driven approach. They have served the industry with excellence and perfection for which they are considered the most respected firm involved in the manufacturing of personal care products.
- Toothpaste is used to promote oral hygiene. It is considered the most significant part of our lives which cannot be avoided nor neglected.
- Fluoride seems like a naturally occurring component that has been recorded to reduce the incidence of tooth decay.
- Akums Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd is a WHO -GMP certified pharmaceutical contract manufacturer that has registered themselves providing as an excellent contract manufacturer for cosmetics.