The Information Technology Act, 2000 – Section 43A; and
The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the course of providing the Services to you, AKUMS collects the following information (“Personal Information”):
- We may automatically collect some information about your hardware devices when you access AKUMS. For example, when you utilize our applications, we may collect your internet protocol (“IP”) address and the type of mobile device you use and your geographic location. We also may collect information about your activity on AKUMS, such as information about your account usage, as well as information about how you interact with the Application and/or Website. We may combine this automatically-gathered information with other information, including personal information we have collected about you.
- We may receive and store certain types of information known as “cookies” when you access the Application and/or Website.
- Communications between you and AKUMS, and you and other users of AKUMS.
- If you choose to post reviews, comments, or leave feedback for other users, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
- The Website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We have no control over the privacy practices or the content of any of our business partners, advertisers, sponsors, or other websites to which we provide links. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- In order to provide a personalized browsing experience, AKUMS may collect information from the User, and the User agrees that AKUMS may use such information to improve its marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze usage, improve the content of AKUMS, product offerings, and to customize AKUMS’s content, layout, and services, in order to improve AKUMS and better tailor it to meet the needs of the User.
- To extend this personalized experience, AKUMS may track the IP address of a User’s device and save certain User data on the User’s device in the form of cookies. AKUMS uses this data to deliver web pages to the User upon request, to customize the site to the interests of the User, to measure traffic within the Application and/or Website, and let advertisers and other users know the geographic locations of the User. In the event some portion of the User data provided by a User to AKUMS is personal or sensitive in nature, such data will not be provided to third parties without previous consent of the user concerned. User data of a general nature such as demographics may however be revealed to external parties.
- We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Services; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Services; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it can not reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- In order to facilitate communications between you, and other AKUMS users.
- SHARING YOUR CONTENT
- We may share Personal Information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that AKUMS is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Services to you. Our service providers will be given access to your information as is necessary to provide the Services under generally accepted terms of confidentiality.
- Some of the services that are offered through the Website may be provided by third-party providers. We also outsource some of AKUMS’s functions to third-party providers, such as technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing functions, and other services. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
- We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender) and your use of the Website with businesses on AKUMS. You may adjust your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. You can view these settings and find more details about what information may be shared here.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Application and/or Website becomes available to the public. Once you have shared such information or made it public, the same may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Application and/or Website, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Application and/or Website, or if other users or third parties using the Application and/or Website have copied or saved that information.
- AKUMS may share sensitive personal information of a User with any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the User in the following limited circumstances:
- STORAGE OF INFORMATION AND CONTENT
- We have implemented procedures to help protect the information that you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we can not guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy. We expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing, or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your Personal Information. THE USER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
- The User is solely responsible for maintaining confidentiality of the User’s password and User identification. The User shall be solely responsible for all activities and transmission performed by the User through his User identification. AKUMS assumes no responsibility or liability for their improper use of information relating to such usage of credit cards and/or debit cards by the User, whether online or off-line.
- Protection of Personal Information Akums will maintain adequate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personally identifiable information. As a policy, Akums secures each web page that collects personal information; however, the confidentiality of personal information transmitted over the Internet will not be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet.
- Cookies Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers with small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Please note, a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer/device. Our website uses these cookies to collect information and to improve our service by making your interaction with us faster They may be used for the purposes of managing your preferences, maintaining and optimizing security, marketing, communication, analytics, and research.
- Children Privacy Akums does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children (we define “children” as those who are younger than 16 years of age) on this website. We do not knowingly allow children to communicate with us or use any of our online services. If you are a parent or guardian and come to know that your child has provided us with information, please contact us and we will work with you to address the issue.
- Privacy Rights We will respect your legal rights in relation to your data. Below are the rights granted to individuals and Akums is committed towards protection of the same Right to access Right to rectification Right to be forgotten Right to object Right to restriction of processing Right to withdraw consent Right to portability
Please contact us be emailing us at email@example.com in case of:
- If you would like to opt out of future communications from Akums business or their program
- Any complaints, abuse or concerns with regards to the processing of personal data provided by you or breach of these terms must be reported